Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Prologue: Introduction

Hello, friends and family! This is the blog I said I'd be maintaining while abroad. Enter your email address in the box to the right and you'll get email updates when I post. Click Submit after you enter your email address; a box will pop up (you may need to disable your popup blocker temporarily). There will be an image of some distorted text at the bottom of the popup box; type the letters you see in the text box below it, and click Complete Subscription Request. Then, check your email for a confirmation. Click the link in the confirmation email (or copy and paste it into the address bar), and another box will pop up confirming that you've subscribed to my blog. Now, you'll get an email when I make a post, so you don't have to worry about missing anything!

If you have no idea who I am...well, first of all, how did you even get here? Second of all, welcome. My name's Emily, and this is a chronicle of my semester in St. Petersburg, Russia.

I'll change the background image occasionally; if the cell phone they give me as part of the program has a camera (I think all of them do these days), I'll try to upload my own pictures and use those. Otherwise, I'll raid Flickr. Right now, the image is out the window of an airplane; that one is a default image for this theme, but I think it's appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment